stem4 of Wimbledon Business Centre, Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, London SW19 8YB and a charity registered in England and Wales under charity number 1144506 (“we” / “us” / “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Scope of Policy
- 1.1. Clear Fear V2.9 mobile application software (“App”) available on the Google Play store and the Apple Store (“App Site”) once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (“Device”); and
- 1.2. Any of the services accessible through the App (“Services”) that are available on the App Site or other sites of ours (“Services Sites”).
- 2. This policy sets out the basis on which any data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- 3. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
Information We Collect From You
- We will collect and process the following data about you:
- 4. Information you give us (“Submitted information”). For the purposes of delivering customised, age-appropriate content, you will be given the option to enter your year of birth. This data will be stored anonymously and aggregated across all users in order to be accessible by stem4 and the developers of the App, HMA of 42 Sackville Street, Barnsley, S70 2DB.
- 26. For quantitative research purposes you will be given the option to enter the following information. If entered, this data will be stored anonymously and aggregated across all users in order to be accessible by stem4 and the developers of the App, HMA of 42 Sackville Street, Barnsley, S70 2DB. These optional questions include:
- 26.1. County (UK) – Drop down list
- 26.2. Gender – Male/Female/Unspecified
- 26.3. Currently receiving professional advice – Yes/No
- Information given to us by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence in order o respond back to you.
- 5. Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit one of our Sites or use the App we will automatically collect the following information:
- 5.1. technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use and time zone setting (“Device Information”); and
- 5.2. details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to traffic data and other communication data (“Log Information”).
- 5.3. your Device’s coordinates (“Location Information”), which are used to offer certain features to you, and to personalise the app for you. You can control your location information settings in your Device’s system settings.
- 6. Unique application numbers. When you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
Uses Made Of The Information
- 7. We use information held about you in the following ways:
- 7.1. Submitted Information: used for customisation of the App and our Sites to deliver tailored content. Submitted Information is also used for research purposes so that stem4 may understand about users of the App and overall anxiety trends;
- 7.2. Device information and Location Information: general insight relating to Google Analytics and functionality relating to the App (Older versions of Android may have reduced functionality);
- 7.3. Log information: general insight relating to Google Analytics and functionality relating to the App; and
- 7.4. Unique application numbers: insight and information relating to App updates and general insight relating to Google Analytics.
- 8. We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
Disclosure of Information
- 9. We may collect and analyse anonymous non-personal data derived from the use of the App and the Services and disclose to and share our analysis with third parties including the NHS.
- 10. We will disclose information to third parties:
- 10.1. If stem4 or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets;
- 10.2. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request;
- 10.4. Protect the rights, property or safety of stem4 our beneficiaries or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies, charities and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- 12. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access the App and/or certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Since we do not collect personalised data if you forget this password we are unable to reset it.
- 13. We do not make any warranties or representations that the transmission of information via the internet is completely secure. We will use all reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites. By using the App and/or Our Sites you acknowledge and agree that any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your Rights / Access to Information
- 14. The App and/or Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
- 15. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act.
stem4 Copyright ©2018-19. All rights reserved.